AI solutions for a greener future
AI will play a responsible role in helping reduce carbon emissions
We are committed to the idea that AI will play a major role in a green future
Total CO2 Saved
Each cheeseburger that is served instead of wasted saves 77 scf of emissions.
Improved speed of service eliminates over 15 seconds of vehicle idling for each customer, saving 8,303 scf daily for every 100 locations.
Building a Sustainable Food Supply Chain
Feeding the globe in a sustainable way requires efficiency throughout the supply chain. PreciTaste is committed to cutting waste at the point of sale and reducing emissions around the world.
Food Waste: An Eco-Opportunity
If food wastage were a country, it would be the third largest carbon emitting country in the world. The 2011 FAO assessment of global food losses and waste estimated that each year, one-third of all food produced in the world for human consumption never reached the consumer’s table. Approximately 1.3 billion metric tons get lost or wasted every year. Food losses and waste amount to roughly US$ 680 billion in industrialized countries and US$ 310 billion in developing countries.
AI for Good
PreciTaste AI benefits the environment in three key ways:
- Eliminates up to 86% of food waste at the point of sale, saving emissions from cattle farming and food production.
- Optimized drive-thrus have a faster speed of service, cutting vehicle idling by over 8,000 hours per day at each major QSR chain.
- Remote management reduces the systemwide need for technician service calls, cutting flight times
Environmental Benefit for a Global Market
Food production is a global challenge that must be addressed around the world. By eliminating food waste in profitable ways, PreciTaste technology is poised to expand from the North American and European markets to address global challenges in the supply chain.
As food services and grocery retail are the largest contributors of food waste, improved prediction and real time demand management prevents overcooking and over storing of foods at the high impact last stage of the supply chain. It is our assessment that if digital operations management is widely applied in the food services 3 billion tonnes of carbon-dioxide equivalents (CO₂e) can be saved each year, which would already account for 12% of the UN environment program goal to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- Work with our customers to reduce food waste, apply strict guidelines and therefore, reduce carbon footprint
- Identify the environmental impacts and define strategies to develop more reliable and efficient AI solutions to reduce carbon emissions
- Provide knowledge, resources, tools and raise awareness across employees, supply partners to find the best solutions for achieving our goal of becoming carbon neutral
- Implement necessary standards in our operational practices to actively reduce the impact on the environment
How our Global offices Are reducing carbon emissions
- Around 10% of plastic waste ends up in our oceans with terrible effects on the eco-systems. In order to avoid this, we have switched to providing our employees with filtered and carbonated tap water rather than bottled water and have implemented waste separation in our kitchen area
- We have been committed to a paperless office for a long time but in the cases we do have to use paper we plan on using recycled paper and carbon neutral posting
- In the long term, we plan on switching our company car fleet to electric cars and implementing CO2 compensations for flights
- Our goal is to eventually become carbon neutral and to work with our customers and partners in order to improve their carbon footprint as well
Our AI difference
Our key experience in the baking and food industry has given us the exposure towards understanding food and industry in detail. Since our inception, reducing food waste has always been one of our prime missions.
We built technology by applying in-depth research and analysis. Our most advanced form of predictive technology helps the QSRs and baking industry to manage food demand and witness a significant reduction in food wastage, carbon emissions along with cost savings.
We work with the partners who are environmentally and socially responsible. Together, we actively participate in reducing the impact on the environment with the execution of initiatives such as waste management, carbon footprint reduction, and also encourage other environmental initiatives in the community.